Posted in NaNoWriMo | Posted on 01-11-2013|
It’s November 1, and if you’re participating in National Novel Writing Month, you’ve probably already started knocking out words. I thought it’d be fun to give away some prizes to help motivate you during your journey. How about some Amazon gift certificates? And maybe a couple other goodies?
Here’s how it will work:
- Post a comment here with your email address and a link to your NaNoWriMo page (i.e. mine is http://nanowrimo.org/participants/goblin_writer). If you like, tell us about your book and your goals. Other writers with common interests may want to “buddy” you.
- Every Friday (the 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th), I’ll randomly pick a winner from those who are on target with their word counts. That winner will receive a *$25 Amazon gift certificate. That means four chances to win if you keep up with your word count.
- In addition to the weekly prizes, at the end of the month, I’ll give away a $50 gift certificate and a copy of Scrivener (the software I’ve been using to write for years) to a final lucky winner.
- Lastly, I’ll be giving away some random $5 gift certificates here and there during the month to folks who keep popping in and commenting on these blog posts (keep using your NaNoWriMo address, so I know you’re a participant). If you buy from independent authors, that’s often enough to get you a book or two.
All right, that’s it. Easy rules, right? Let me know if you have any questions, and get to it! 🙂
*If you win and you don’t have Amazon in your country or simply prefer to shop in another store, let me know and we’ll work something out.
Update: You don’t have to write your email address in the body of the comment, just in the form where it says email. That way I can see it but the spam-bots of the internet can’t!
Mini-winners of a $5 Amazon gift certificate:
- Nov. 6th: James Russ Moon
- Nov. 6th: Vanessa Tuttle
- Nov. 13th: Tiara Sanders
- Nov. 13th: Greg Strandberg
$40 gift certificate winners: